Last update: August 25, 2021.
As a result of your use of our Website, we collect personal data and information about your activity on the Website. This data and information is collected to the extent necessary to provide the various services offered and to monitor your activity on the Website. In some situations, the data collected can be traced back to a specific individual; in other situations, you knowingly provide us with personal information. Our mission is to process your data in accordance with the applicable law.
1. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The owner of the Website and the Administrator of your personal data is Wołoszański i Wspólnicy Kancelaria Prawna sp. k. with its registered office in Warsaw (hereinafter: „the Law Firm” lub „we”). You may contact us in the following ways:
- by mail to the address: Spectrum Tower Street, 19th floor, Twarda 18, 00-105 Warsaw;
- by phone: +22 295 08 90, +48 22 295 08 91;
- by e-mail: email@example.com
We have appointed a Data Protection Inspector – Ms. Marta Solarska. You may direct any questions concerning the processing of your personal data by our Law Firm to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address of the Law Firm.
2. WHOSE PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED ON THE WEBSITE
We process your personal data in connection with your use of the Website, to a minimum and strictly limited extent, in order to achieve the purposes for which the processing has taken place.
In managing the Website, we process the following personal data:
- persons who leave information using the contact form on the Website – data processing takes place to the extent necessary to establish and maintain contact.
3. PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PAGE DATA
As a result of your use of the Site, we process your personal data as well as your IP address, other identifiers, information collected through cookies, Google Analytics or other similar technologies for the following purposes:
- to provide electronic services consisting of making the Website and its content available to you – on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
- marketing, in particular the formulation of advertisements tailored to the preferences of an individual user (so-called behavioural advertising) – on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
- to analyse and keep statistics on your activity on the Site and your preferences in order to improve the content, services and functionalities we provide to you on the Site – on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR;
- to determine, investigate, enforce claims or defend against claims in pursuit of our legitimate interest, as well as to prevent fraud and abuse – on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR;
- to comply with legal obligations – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR.
4. PERIOD OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We will process your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. However, in the case of processing based on your consent, your data will be processed until you withdraw your consent or the purpose for which the data was collected expires. After this period, your data will be irretrievably deleted or anonymized.
The period for processing personal data may be extended in cases where it is necessary for the establishment, assertion or defence of possible claims, and thereafter only if and to the extent required by law.
5. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data arising from your use of the Website:
- The right to access your personal data and to receive a copy of it;
- The right to request rectification (amendment) of your own data;
- The right to request erasure of your personal data;
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your data transferred to another controller;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data insofar as this does not oppose our legitimate interests and the law;
- the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection (to the address of the Office for Personal Data Protection, i.e., 2 Stawki Street, 00 – 193 Warsaw).
If you wish to exercise the above rights, you are kindly requested to contact the Office or the Data Protection Officer. In order to correctly perform a specific operation on personal data, we will have to verify whether the person exercising the above rights is entitled to it. Therefore, we may request additional data allowing us to verify the identity of the person submitting the request.
In addition, if processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write an email to: email@example.com. We can also assist you in filing a complaint with a regulatory body.
We collect your data from the Website in log files, system pages via so-called cookies and other technologies (e.g., Pixels, SDK codes). Cookies are small text files that are stored by your browser on your device when you visit the Website. They are necessary for ongoing analysis and monitoring of your overall use of the Website and its functionality, e.g.: demand for specific content on the Site, how many times the Site is displayed, how much time a user spends on a particular subpage, what content is displayed most frequently, how intensely particular areas of the Website are used, etc. In addition, we collect information regarding the country or area of origin of users of our Website. The information collected does not relate to a particular user of the Site, is anonymous and is not intended to identify you personally. In addition, your IP address is partially masked as far as geolocation is concerned.
With this information, we increase the efficiency and security of the Website, improve and tailor it to your needs and, finally, locate any errors on the Website.
We use the following types of cookies:
- technical/temporary cookies – these are necessary to use the Website and are automatically deleted when you close your browser;
- functional/persistent cookies – allow us to correctly analyse your use of the Website in order to improve its performance;
- session cookies – are intended to support multimedia players that may run while browsing the Website (e.g.: flash player);
- marketing/advertising cookies – aimed at creating a profile of users and their preferences of viewed content;
- analytical/statistical cookies – indicate how users use the Website.
For more information on cookies, please visit: www. allaboutcookies.org or the help tab of your browser. Furthermore, in the settings of web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera, you can make the acceptance or selection of individual cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse to accept the use of technical cookies or certain functional cookies, the Website may not function properly in part or wholly.
7. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We also use Google Analytics, which analyses your use of the Website using a special type of cookie. These are files generated, stored and transferred from your device in the form of permanent or temporary files. This tool is offered by Google Ireland Limited and the data collected are usually stored for up to about 2 years on Google servers in the European Union or the United States. These files are transmitted to the servers in the form of an anonymised/abbreviated version of your IP.
These cookies are used to analyse your activity on the Website and your use of the Website. On this basis, Google Inc. compiles anonymised reports on user traffic on the Website on our behalf. We use this information to understand more about your needs in relation to the services provided on the Website. Google Ireland Limited does not collect information for the purpose of personally verifying you, nor does it combine the information collected to allow you to be identified.
As with general cookies, you can also deactivate the storage of cookies used by Google Analytics in your browser. You can also manually delete cookies that are currently stored on your device. If you do this, you may not be able to use all or part of the Website. Detailed information on the scope and principles of data collection can be found under the link: https://www.google.com/intl/pl/policies/privacy/partners.
8. BROWSER DATA
When you use the Site, the web browsers on your devices also send us data on: the exact time you entered and left the Site, the number of files and data you downloaded from the Site, the website addresses from which you navigated to our Site and your operating system and browser. This data is stored in the log file of the Website and is mainly used for keeping statistics of the Website users. Again, this data is transmitted in anonymised form and the IP address in masked form.
9. SOCIAL MEDIA
We are also present on social media platforms such as LinkedIn through individual profiles assigned to the Firm. Social media is, for us, a space where we communicate with clients, potential clients and users, as well as inform about our services, professional successes and post our legal opinions in the form of articles. Within the individual social networks, we access and process the personal data of users who visit our profiles. The processing of this data takes place exclusively in connection with the operation of our profile and the promotion of our own brand. In this case, the legal basis for processing personal data is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR) in promoting our own brand.
10. CONTACT WITH THE LAW FIRM VIA THE WEBSITE
The Website offers the possibility for you to leave a message and details for future contact in the “Contact” section. In order to leave an online message, you must provide us with your contact details, which are usually personal data. The above data will be stored in an automated way on our server and then passed on to a dedicated member of staff responsible for the online contact. In case of the need to prepare a more complex and dedicated response, your data may also be passed on to further employees of the Firm.
The collection and processing of your data in this case will be carried out only for the purpose of preparing a response to the contact left by you. Processing for other purposes will only take place with your consent.
The purpose of the processing in this case will be the need to pursue legitimate legal interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR), as well as to present the services we offer (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR).
Your data will be processed for the duration of the communication and then, if the cooperation is terminated or there is no other purpose of processing than the one for which it was collected, for the period necessary to establish, assert or defend claims.
11. DATA RECIPIENTS
The operation of the Website is supported by external professionals. Hence, in connection with your use of the Website, we may disclose your personal data to third party providers of IT or programming support, hosting, marketing or data protection services. In addition, we may be required to provide your personal information to entities authorised by law.
We reserve the right to disclose selected personal data relating to you on the basis of a lawful request for such information. In this case, the data will be passed on to the relevant authorities or third parties acting on a proper legal basis.
12. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
We use certain information systems (such as a mailbox) which may result in the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area, in particular to the United States.
All entities that we work with or whose products or services we use comply with the security requirements of applicable data protection laws. For entities in the United States, we transfer your data through the Privacy Shield program. Transfers to other countries are made under standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission. Upon your request, we make the aforementioned clauses available for inspection at the Law Firm.
13. VOLUNTARITY OF DATA SUBMISSION BY YOU
14. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We make securing your personal information a priority. We have implemented procedures that allow access to personal data only to authorised persons and only to the extent necessary for their tasks.
We use organisational and technical solutions to ensure that all operations on your personal data are performed only by authorised persons. As a law firm, we respect our obligations arising both from the professional secrecy of legal advisers and from the GDPR.
In addition, we also ensure that our subcontractors and other cooperating entities guarantee that appropriate security measures are in place whenever your personal data is processed.
We conduct an ongoing risk analysis of your personal data, determine and monitor the adequacy of the data security measures in place. If necessary, we implement additional measures to increase data security.